Surplus C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet
- 74.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
- Combat application tourniquet (C-A-T).
- Dimensions: Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.Open Length: 37.5 in.Weight: 2.7 oz.
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army.
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- Featuring NAR's Red Tip Technology® with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application.
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application.
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
From the Producer
The patented C-A-T® is a one-handed tourniquet. Tests proved that the
C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) features the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band.
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army.
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces.
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding.
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care.
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions.
- Small and cost-effective.
Quality product, fast shipping to Spain.
Easy tu use, heavy duty, a must have device since it is now again taught to first aid providers even at entry level, to face mass catastrophes.
All The best!