LifeStraw Family High Volume Water Purifier
- 530.00 Grams
- Gift wrapping:
- Options available
- Calculated at Checkout
- LifeStraw Family high volume water purifier Purifies 4,755 gallons (18,000 liters) of water to 0.2 microns.
- Lightweight: 1.17 lbs or 0.53 kg.
- Requires no running water or piped-in water supply.
- Easy to use (no pumping, no chemicals).
- Meets World Health Organization “highly protective” category standards of safe water interventions.
From the producer
Lightweight and highly portable, LifeStraw Family is ideal to purify water at base camps, while car camping, or when camping with groups. It removes bacteria, protozoa and viruses.
How LifeStraw Family works
LifeStraw Family works by forcing water through narrow fibers under high pressure. Clean water exits through tiny pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and other contaminants are trapped inside the hollow fibers and re-flushed out by backwashing (Note: Water from the red exit tap should never be consumed).
How to use LifeStraw Family
To use LifeStraw Family, hang the purifier so the red tap is several inches from the ground. Pour collected water through the pre-filter in the dark blue bucket. Open the red tap for 3 seconds to allow water to flush through the filter, and then close the tap. Place a drinking vessel under the blue tap to collect filtered water. When you’re finished, close all the taps, squeeze the red bulb until flat, then open the red tap and let the remaining water drain from the filter.
Tried and tested in the harshest conditions
Award-winning LifeStraw technology was originally introduced in 2005 as an emergency response tool to filter water often contaminated following natural disasters. Today, LifeStraw is used in water filtration products around the world.
Specifications & Benefits
Uses advanced ultrafiltration membrane technology.
- 99.9999% of bacteria (E. coli, etc.)
- 99.999% of viruses (Rotavirus, Hepatitis A)
- 99.99% protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness).
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards.
- Easy to clean pre-filter and purification cartridge.
- BPA and chemical free.
- All raw materials are US FDA compliant or equivalent.