WoundClot Hemostatic Gauze 3" X 39" CE & FDA Approved
- 0.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
- Box of CE/FDA Woundclot 3.1" X 39" can be purchased in advance:
- Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sterile, trauma gauze (hemostatic dressing) for control of traumatic bleeding.
- Stops moderate to severe bleeding, by promoting rapid coagulation; for use by trained emergency responders only.
- The only hemostatic gauze that contains a unique gel that adheres the product to the tissue.
- The liquid uptake capabilities: over 2500 times its own weight.
- Made in Israel, by CSC Ltd; CE & FDA approved.
Attention buyers: This product is to be used by trained personnel only.
The WoundClot Gauze, is a single use, sterile and bio absorbable medical device, made from regenerated cellulose, which can be fabricated into a variety of forms to suit a variety of wounds in the control of bleeding. The WoundClot is a water soluble gauze, based on cellulosic structure. Stops moderate to severe bleeding, by promoting rapid coagulation.
Upon application and contact with blood, the product’s molecular structure changes to form a gelatinous membrane, which adheres to the wound creating a mechanical barrier to immediately reduce blood flow. The product’s unique gel utilizes the hydration forces between the mucosal layer and itself which results in a strong physical attraction that leads to the adherence of the product to the tissue. The stronger the bleeding pressures in the wound, the stronger the attraction. Next, platelets from the injury attach to the gauze by inter-molecular forces to form a stable membrane on the wound site, which is able to withstand severe arterial and venous blood flow for hours. This dramatically reduces the flow of blood from the wound. The liquid uptake capabilities of WoundClot is over 2500 times its own weight.
Specific molecular groups, created in the manufacturing process, are then dispersed during gel formation to activate various coagulation factors in the blood, thus helping to form a physiologically natural fibrin clot in the wound.
After bleeding has stopped, the remaining residual membrane can be irrigated out of the wound safely without pulling on soft tissue or the existing clot. Wound clot can be easily removed, if desired, as one piece without disrupting the clot already formed.
The formed biological cloth within the product after wound clot application can be clearly seen, unlike other common products in the market. For use by trained emergency responders only.