HALO Chest Seal - Two Pack
- 54.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
- Halo chest seal is packaged in twos for treatment of both entrance and exit wounds.
- Each chest seal is 6-8 inches and it creates an occlusive seal around wound.
- FDA registered, Manufactured in the USA.
- Provides total occlusion - even with excessive blood, dirt, sand, hair, or heavy perspiration present.
- Ventable through lifting a flap on the seal; reseals well after venting.
From the producer
In the heat of battle, the HALO Chest Seal can make the difference in saving lives. Ideal for the treatment of open pneumothorax, this seal also prevents the development of tension pneumothorax resulting from gunshots, stab wounds, or other chest injuries and is specifically designed for casualties with excessive bleeding, heavy perspiration, or very wet and extreme environments. The unique design offers a large pull tab that allows for easy, quick application. A highly-aggressive hydrogel enables the HALO Seal to conform and adhere to all contours of the body and also prevents further contamination of the injury.
The HALO Seal has been tested and designed to perform under extreme conditions. Temperature ranges below 32° F / 0° C to over 140° F / 60° C.
- Non-vented design that is oval in shape. Large pull tabs facilitate removal or venting of wound.
- Adheres despite storage as defined in Military Standard 8.10G.
- Minimum incidence of allergic reactions to adhesive.
- Non-sterile, Clean.
- Puncture-resistant packaging.
- Long shelf life.
- Minimized weight and cube, Lightweight and ruggedized.
- Integrity and function maintained when stored or carried in folded configuration.
- Easily applied in battlefield situations. Good clinical outcomes after review of battlefield use data. Configured for ease of use in low-light environments.
- High rate of user acceptance.
Instructions for use
- Clean and dry wound.
- Remove one Halo Chest Seal from release liner.
- Place firmly over wound adhesive side down.
- Apply light direct pressure to assure occlusive seal.
- Repeat instructions with the second dressing if an exit wound is present.
Seal was delivered to me in Belgium 1 week after ordering. Package was intact with good expiration date. Hope to never need it tough!
I bought 2 of them. Good product for my bag. Service was superb
HALO chest seals are bigger than they look like, very good size an thick, also, I liked that the bag is zip lock, so if you only use one, you can save the other one in the same bag.
Los HALO chest seal son más grandes de lo que parecen, de muy buen tamaño y gruesos, además, me gustó que la bolsa sea con zip lock, así que si solo usas uno, puedes guardar el otro en la misma bolsa.
In case of a penetrating injury to the chest it is a live saver.