CAT Combat Application Tourniquet Tactical Black Gen 7
- 84.00 Grams
- Eligible for free shipping!
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army, IDF and most militaries worldwide.
- Made by CAT Resources, the original manufacturer of the CAT Tourniquet.
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower limbs by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- NEW Generation 7 with Improved Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards.
- Includes reinforced windlass, stabilization plate, windlass clip and writeable windlass security strap.
- Full Strap Length: 37.5 inches/95.25cm, Strap Width: 2.17"/5.5cm.
CAT tourniquet was invented by CAT Resources, owned by Composite Resources. It was tested along with eight other tourniquets in 2004 at the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research in San Antonio, Texas. The evaluation was prompted because many deploying Soldiers and units were purchasing tourniquets off the Internet, but the tourniquets’ effectiveness had not been determined. Once testing was complete, the institute’s researchers recommended the Combat Application Tourniquet be pushed to deployed troops to stop otherwise lethal blood loss.
More Information from the Producer:
Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the C-A-T® completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The C-A-T® utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T®’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) featuring the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in the C-A-T® are protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
The CAT Tourniquet gen 7 is also available in the following colors:
Blue for Training.
Orange for Emergencies.
Arm Buddy Let Application Guide
Leg Self Aid Application Guide
Leg Buddy Aid Application Guide
Quick Launch Feature Guide
Ottimo prodotto e tempi di spedizione brevi. Troppo alte le spese doganali di euro 14,92
Por ser um produto que está na 7 geração usados em Guerra, acredito que não requer escrever muito para dizer é um produto excelente.
Ottimo prodotto che aiuta a rallentare e fermare le emorragie massive, facile d'impiego e uso, consigliato di averne sempre 1 per emergenza emorragia grave.
Simple to use! Good price! A must have!
Produto original, chegou em tempo razoável ao Brasil.