HemCon® ChitoGauze® XR Pro - Z-Folded Haemostatic Trauma Gauze
- 18.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
- Bulk Pricing:
Quantity Unit Price 5 - 9 $41.00 10 - Above $40.00
Hemcon ChitoGauze® XR Pro Haemostatic Trauma Gauze
- Haemostatic chitosan impregnated trauma gauze.
- Size: 7.5 cm x 3.7 m / 3 in x 4 yd, Z-folded in sterile package.
- Expiration up to 5 years - longer than other combat haemostaic gauzes!
- Provides immediate bleeding control and best possible patient care in emergency and battlefield situations.
- Fast Hemostasis: Stops bleeding from oozing to severe arterial bleeds in minutes.
- Dependable: Proven track record on the battlefield and in trauma.
- Easy to Use: Intuitive application and removal. Flexible and conforms to tissue surfaces.
- Safe: No pro-clotting agents; works independently of the clotting cascade. Latex free. Strongly resists shedding, unlike other currently available dressings.
- Contains radio-opaque strip inside - making it easily visible in x rays.
- FDA & CE certified.
ChitoGauze PRO is a z-folded, chitosan impregnated gauze. Chitosan is a naturally occurring, biocompatible polysaccharide and the hemostatic properties of chitosan enhance the ability of the medical gauze to control the bleeding. The robust, uniformly applied chitosan coating on the gauze allows for optimal chitosan blood interaction to effectively control bleeding. The chitosan further reduces blood loss by helping the dressing conform to the wound site while providing a physical barrier to prevent bleeding. This mechanism of action supports localized clotting within and on the gauze to stop bleeding quickly and independently of the clotting cascade. The dressing readily conforms to wound surfaces with complex geometries to allow efficient staunching of all bleeding. Because the chitosan acetate is closely bonded to the medical gauze base material, ChitoGauze® XR Pro strongly resists shedding, unlike other currently available dressings.