- The tube is is designed to transfer oxygen into the nose.
- Designed for patients who have difficulty or unable to breathe on their own.
- Contains 2 small plastic prongs for the nostril, to which is attached a long tube that fits comfortably behind the head and ears.
- Can connect to an oxygen generator, an oxygen balloon or an oxygen connection in a hospital wall without the need for special adapters.
- Made from non-irritating material, even after prolonged use.
- Tube length: 1.8 m (5.9 foot).
The nasal cannula is a tube used to deliver supplemental oxygen or increased airflow to a patient or person in need of respiratory help.
This device consists of a lightweight tube which on one end splits into two prongs which are placed in the nostrils and from which a mixture of air and oxygen flows.