Introducing the Sawyer Tap Filter, a new addition to Sawyer’s line of high-performance water filtration systems.
The Sawyer Tap Filter removes biological contaminants, guaranteeing immediate clean drinking water when you need it most. Great to use when traveling, during boil alerts, or in emergencies when safe drinking water is compromised, the Tap Filter is easy-to-use and will filter to up to 500 gallons of clean drinking water per day.
It’s the ideal component for use during natural disasters such as floods, hurricanes, fires, and earthquakes. Hitting the road? Consider the Tap Filter your pocket-sized peace of mind for all questionable sources –– campgrounds, festivals, events, in RVs, and when traveling internationally.
HOW IT WORKS
0.1 Micron Absolute Filtration
All Sawyer filters contain a high number of tiny ‘U’ shaped hollow fiber micro-tubes that trap contaminants while allowing the filtered water to freely pass through at a high flow rate. This immediate filtration process eliminates the need to store water and reduces the possibility of water contamination after filtering.
The Sawyer Tap Filter is certified at 0.1-micron filtration. This means there is no pore size larger than 0.1 micron in size, which makes it impossible for harmful bacteria (like salmonella or leptospirosis), protozoa, or cysts like E. coli, Giardia, Vibrio cholerae, and Salmonella typhi to pass through the filter.
All Sawyer water filters meet or exceed Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommended removal rates.
- Makes bacteria contaminated tap water potable; Ideal for use in rural locations, emergency kits, boil alerts, at campgrounds, festivals, events, in RVs, and for travel.
- Filter up to 500 gallons of water per day; reusable high-performance 0.1 micron absolute inline filter fits taps 17mm to 20mm (11/16" to 3/4"); hose bibs (garden hose spigot); and some (not all) faucet aerators.
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli); removes 99.9999% of all protozoa (such as giardia and cryptosporidium); also removes 100% of microplastics.
- TAP adapter attaches directly to other Sawyer filters such as MINI, Dual Threaded MINI, Micro Squeeze, and Squeeze Water filter (not included).
- Includes: TAP filter, backwash adapter, threaded spigot adapter, dual threaded adapter, tap gauge, extension hose for use in a shallow sink.