Steri-Strip 1/4" X 3" Reinforced Adhesive Skin Closures
- 20.00 Grams
- Calculated at Checkout
- Steri-Strip is a reinforced adhesive skin closure that provides wound support and increases the tensile strength of the wound compared to sutures.
- Non-invasive design helps reduce scarring and the risk of infection, providing less tissue trauma and better cosmetic outcomes.
- Hypoallergenic, sterile, breathable and comfortable to wear. Permits early staple/suture removal, fast application.
- 3 strips/envelope; strip dimensions: 1/4 inch x 3 inch (6mm x 75mm)
- 3M Health Care product (USA).
From the producer:
3M Steri-Strip Reinforced Adhesive Skin Closures are the worldwide standard in adhesive skin closures, trusted for their convenience, simplicity and non-invasive design. Steri-Strip skin closures are made of porous, nonwoven, material. They are reinforced with filaments for strength and are coated with a hypoallergenic adhesive. Steri-Strip skin closures are indicated for use as a skin closer device in the treatment of lacerations and surgical incision. May also be used in conjunction with skin sutures and staples, or after their removal for wound support.
Directions for Use:
- Clean and dry skin. If desired, a thin layer of Compound Benzoin Tincture may be applied to enhance strip adhesion.
- Remove card and card end tab.
- Grasp end of strip and lift strip straight upward from the card.
- When using as a skin closer device, without presence of skin suture or staple, appose skin edges using fingers or forceps. Place strips across wound, ensuring tensionless application.
- Section larger wounds to distribute tension. Space strips approximately 1/8 inch (3 mm) apart.
- Additional closures may be applied parallel to the wound and approximately 1/2 inch (12 mm) from closure ends. This may reduce shear force beneath the strip ends